Monday, October 10, 2005

Thanks Apple!

My good friend Milo "dislikes" Apple. I don't. I've always been a big fan of their computers. That's despite my habit of buying the "lemon" model of each product family (anyone remember the PowerPC 7200? I had not one, but two in my lab...). I'm typing this on my old Titanium PowerBook G4 (not a lemon) - it's a little slow, but I love it. Anyway, none of the preceding really has anything to do with this post. I like Apple for another reason. Apple has really ramped up the music content in my life (and no, I don't own an iPod - wish I did). I've loaded my entire CD collection into iTunes and listen all day every day at work. Right now it's the Rolling Stones "Let It Bleed." But it's more than that...

Our local public library (something else I'm a big fan of) has a volunteer-run used book store. Proceeds go to the library. They have a section of the store devoted to CD's. I've noticed an increase in the number of CD's being donated, and hence going on sale there. This weekend I picked up an Eric Clapton, a REM and two Stones albums. $3 a piece. The CD's are in great condition. The jewel cases are a bit banged up, but who cares about that? So, what's my point? I think people are loading their music onto their computers and then dumping the CD's. In large part because of Apple and iTunes. Okay, there are other "jukebox" programs out their, but come on, who really uses those? So, because of iTunes, I get to buy great music really cheaply. And I get to listen to more.

I love Apple.







Just wish I had an iPod. iPod nano. White. The 2GB model would be fine, but 4GB would be better.

4 comments:

Jeff Seale said...

Dude, you so need an iPod. Mini 4GB, 1000 of your favorite songs. You just have to have one. ;o)

JollyRgr said...

I'm with Milo on that one although I would suggest the standard iPod 20G or 40G...more songs and very strongly built..

Odyssey said...

I know that. Tell my wife...

Odyssey said...

Actually, it's more a matter of talking to my bank account about its lacklustre performance. I'm sure my wonderful wife would like an iPod too.