Monday, July 10, 2006

Weekend blatherings

1) World Cup:

I didn't watch it - as I said in my last post, it held no interest for me. I must say though, Italy deserved the win after the French captain's head butt...

2) Library:

My wife and I went to the public library this weekend. They have a second-hand book store in the basement that sells used CD's for $3 each. I was browsing through the offerings and noticed rather a large number of Spice Girls CD's... I guess some teeny-bopper has grown up. Then I found something that almost made me lose my lunch - the CD that goes with THIS!

I did escape with Midnight Oil's "Blue Sky Mining."

3) Bookstore:

We went to a great bookstore here called Joseph Beth Booksellers. While hanging out with the kids in the children's department I spotted "The Clue of the Linoleum Lederhosen." All I could think of was the sweating and chafing.... Ugh!

2 comments:

mouthfulofpancake said...

I can't believe someone actually thought that cd would actually sell!!!! So sad

JollyRgr said...

I can't believe that someone actually made that CD.....that's a crime against good taste, fashion, humanity and just about everything else!!!