- Here's an interesting dichotomy:
I keep my work computer well organized. Everything is filed in appropriate folders, subfolders, sub-subfolders etc. Email is generally answered promptly and filed away. But my office... There are so many piles of paper it's hard to see any of the desktop. I have folders on the floor. Books and files on the window sill. It's a mess. How is it I can keep one part of my work life so tidy, but the other is a disaster area? Interestingly, in both cases I do know exactly where everything is. I never have to use the really cool search feature (Spotlight) on my Mac to find things, and I know not only which pile on my desk a particular paper is in, but also almost exactly where it is in the foot plus high pile. Usually within a half inch or so.
I'm going to devote at least 30 minutes a day for the next few weeks cleaning up my office (yes, it will take that long). That much clutter can't be good. Definitely bad feng shui.
- I updated my laptop to OS X 10.5.2 (Leopard) today. So far it seems to have worked without a hitch. It's worth updating for the built-in backup program Time Machine. Sure, there are a lot of backup programs out there. I've used a really good one called Carbon Copy Cloner for a couple of years. But somehow Apple managed to make backing up your computer cool. You have to see it.
- 'Cakes and her hubby, Barfless, gave me a book called "How to be a Genius" for Christmas. After having read it I understood why I haven't won that Nobel yet - you need to be a genius first. So, evil genius, or not-so-evil genius?
- JollyRgr and his L gave me Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion". A must read. Really makes you think. Kind of made my head hurt. Dawkins does a great job of demonstrating what a crock "intelligent design" is.
- Lastly, M and J were watching "Chicken Run" yesterday when they came up with that famous old question: What came first, the chicken or the egg? After some debate amongst themselves. M decided chicken. J decided egg. It's so cool watching them grow up.