Monday, October 12, 2009

Megacool faculty position

A colleague brought my attention to a job listing at Purdue University in Indiana. They're looking for someone in Molecular Pharmacology.

My colleague describes the Department thusly:

"As monocultural as my department looks on paper, everyone here is really cool people, we have a great atmosphere and a very friendly, down-to-earth departmental community. People here TRULY COLLABORATE without fearing for their independence. I have been welcomed without hesitation into the group and feel very at home here, and our department head is really fantastic. In general people here are just straight-up folks. We have a formalized junior faculty mentorship program as well as an informal weekly lunch together that I have found totally invaluable to getting on my feet. Our tenure requirements are very rigorous, but everyone seems to be doing their best to help each other make it through (rather than trying to turf each other out). All in all, I think this is an excellent place to start a career and I couldn't be happier with my choice to join this department."

And just in case you think you're not quite a molecular pharmacologist, check out a recent post by Comrade Physioprof. Now go sell yourself.

No comments: